Twenty Rules For Architectural Lighting Design | RISTAR
By: AB Newswire
September 20, 2021 at 17:02 PM EDT
1. In architectural lighting, artificial lighting is as important as daylight or natural light.
2. Daylight can be supplemented by artificial lighting. Artificial lighting can not only supplement the lack of daylight, but also create an environment that is completely different from the effect of daylight.
3. Choose the light source reasonably according to the requirements of lighting quality. Compact fluorescent lamps and high-intensity gas discharge light sources are used in occasions that emphasize energy conservation and reduce maintenance. Tungsten halogen lamps are used in places with high requirements for brightness, color, quality and dimming performance.
4. Electronic transformers and electronic ballasts increase the life of the light source and reduce energy consumption.LED Architectural Lighting
5. Every lighting should have a certain maintenance plan, such as regular replacement, elimination or cleaning of lighting fixtures.
6. The function of lighting equipment is equivalent to doors and windows. It is an integral part of the building that cannot be ignored, rather than a certain decoration of interior design.
7. An important factor in judging the quality of a luminaire is the combination of its functionality, the maximum visual comfort it can achieve, and its best lighting efficiency.
8. As a detail in the building structure, high-quality lighting fixtures should be selected very carefully.
9. When arranging lighting fixtures, functional and architectural design requirements should be considered.
10. Daylighting and lighting design is an important part of architectural conception.
11. The lighting wiring of different functional spaces should be considered.
12. When designing the lighting conditions of a working environment, the best visual comfort should be considered.
13. The brightness perception of the environment can be achieved by the facade lighting or the indirect lighting of the ceiling.
14. Accent lighting can arouse people’s interest in a certain point and help people feel the pleasure brought by the environment in a specific space.
15. In order to reduce energy consumption, natural lighting in the work area should be combined with artificial lighting.
16. Determine the corresponding lighting level according to different working environments, and consider the effect of energy saving while ensuring the quality of lighting.
17. In order to create different atmospheres and the best lighting effects, the use of lighting control systems should be considered when lighting design.
18. Even when designing indoor lighting, the external lighting effects at night should also be considered.
19. The design structure of a building can be best embodied by excellent lighting design.
20. Lighting equipment and lighting effects are not only an important part of architectural design, but also a means of shaping the image.