Technical Insight on Oil, Gas and Consumable Fuels Equities -- Research on Southwestern Energy, Anadarko Petroleum, Pengrowth Energy, and Approach Resource
June 03, 2014 at 09:00 AM EDT
LONDON, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
On Monday, June 02, 2014, the NASDAQ Composite ended at 4,237.20, down 0.13%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average finished the day 0.16% higher at 16,743.63, and the S&P 500 closed at 1,924.97, up 0.07%. The gains were broad based as six out of ten sectors ended the session in positive. The S&P 500 Energy Sector Index ended the day at 691.80, down 0.24%, while the index has advanced 0.84% in the last one month. Investor-Edge has initiated coverage on the following equities: Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE: SWN), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: APC), Pengrowth Energy Corp. (NYSE: PGH) and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ: AREX). Free technical research on SWN, APC, PGH and AREX can be downloaded upon signing up at:
On Monday, Southwestern Energy Co.'s stock recorded a trading volume of 3.00 million shares, lower than its three months average volume of 4.26 million shares. The stock finished the day at $45.73, up 0.57%, and registered an intraday range of $44.91 and $46.01. Southwestern Energy Co.'s shares have advanced 0.97% in the past three trading sessions and 10.62% in the last three months. Also, the stock has surged 16.27% on YTD basis. Furthermore, the company's stock is trading above its 200-day moving average. The stock's 50-day moving average of $46.35 is above its 200-day moving average of $40.78. Additionally, Shares of the company traded at a PE ratio of 20.32 and have a Relative Strength Index (RSI) of 47.77. Sign up today to read free research on SWN at:
Anadarko Petroleum Corp.'s stock fell by 0.34%, to close Monday's session at $102.51, after oscillating between $102.27 and $103.37. The stock recorded a trading volume of 1.26 million shares, below its three months average volume of 5.03 million shares. Over the last one month and past three months, Anadarko Petroleum Corp.'s shares have gone up 2.95% and 21.80%, respectively. Also, from the beginning of 2014, the company's stock has rallied 29.24%. The stock is trading above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages. The company stock's 50-day moving average of $96.72 is above its 200-day moving average of $89.79. Further, the company's stock traded at a PE ratio of 24.49 and has an RSI of 63.14. Sign up today to read free research on APC at:
On Monday, Pengrowth Energy Corp.'s stock finished the session 0.47% higher at $6.36. A total of 0.87 million shares were traded, which was below its three months average volume of 1.20 million shares. The stock moved between $6.29 and $6.37 during the session. Over the last one month and past three months, Pengrowth Energy Corp.'s shares have declined 3.34% and 5.64%, respectively. However, the stock has gained 2.58% since the start of this year. The company's shares are trading above their 50-day and 200-day moving averages. Moreover, the stock's 50-day moving average of $6.32 is greater than its 200-day moving average of $6.23. Pengrowth Energy Corp.'s stock has an RSI of 45.24. Sign up today to read free research on PGH at:
Shares in Approach Resources Inc. fluctuated between $19.13 and $19.61 before ending Monday's session down 0.77%, at $19.37. The company's stock reported a trading volume of 0.66 million shares, below its three months average volume of 1.01 million shares. Further, Approach Resources Inc.'s shares have lost 6.43% over the last one month and 13.02% over the past three months. However, the stock has gone up 0.36% on YTD basis. The stock is trading below its 50-day and 200-day moving averages. The stock's 200-day moving average of $22.31 is greater than its 50-day moving average of $19.94. Moreover, shares of the company traded at a PE ratio of 9.45 and have an RSI of 52.30. Sign up today to read free research on AREX at:
1. This is not company news. We are an independent source and our views do not reflect the companies mentioned.
2. Information in this release is produced on a best efforts basis by Rohit Tuli, a CFA charterholder. The content is then further fact checked and reviewed by an outsourced research provider. However, we are only human and are prone to make mistakes. If you notice any errors or omissions, please notify us below.
3. This information is submitted as a net-positive to companies mentioned, to increase awareness for mentioned companies to our subscriber base and the investing public.
4. If you wish to have your company covered in more detail by our team, or wish to learn more about our services, please contact us at pubco [at] http://www.investor-edge.com.
5. For any urgent concerns or inquiries, please contact us at compliance [at] http://www.investor-edge.com.
6. Are you a public company? Would you like to see similar coverage on your company? Send us a full investors' package to research [at] http://www.investor-edge.com for consideration.
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
NO WARRANTY OR LIABILITY ASSUMED
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.